Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catamaran Statistics and Admiral Yachts Info

I have updated stats on the Catamaran Statistics chart that is always located at the bottom of this blog. I was looking for stats on the Admiral Yachts Catamarans and came up empty. They have a nice website, but the stats are missing. They do have links to their specifications, but I couldn’t find length, width, sail area etc information. I searched the internet and no luck. It appears the 40 footer is new as I could only find info on the older 38 model. I apologize in advance if some of the links are not working correctly. Web sites seem to change often.

I did find their day sailor option interesting. If you don’t plan to live on your boat and you are worried that day sailing with a bunch of strangers that will trash your boat, then this might be the way to go. It is very accommodating, yet rugged. I suspect a lot of weight was cut down with this configuration so it may be a great performer. I just wish I had the specs to do the math with.

The prices are very reasonable. Just not sure about quality or what you are missing for the price, but it is very intriguing. It is apparent that some of the fluff and elegant wood grain accommodations are missing, but for some, this is ok. Less maintenance this way.

My Catamaran research has been limited lately due to increases in trips and family life. I just added a blog to my CatManDaves Adventure page regarding my recent trip to Lake McSwain. There is a video that includes fishing, and wildlife viewing of a Bobcat, deer, coyote and other creatures.

I have not stopped dreaming though. The plan is still on. It just takes time. I need to win the lottery. That would speed things up.

4 comments:

Mike Harris said...

Just ran across thgis basic article on Cats, Dave - http://www.cruisingworld.com/article.jsp?ID=42725&typeID=419&catID=0 - Just in case you missed it. Comments?

Paul from the Bay Area said...

Hay CatManDav, Great job putting together the list on the bottom.

Ive been working on the same idea and it was my search on the internet for a missing SA for the Privilege 445, that I found your blog.

My numbers are a bit different then yours. My rule of thumb was to go with manufacturs specs over others found on the internet.
Then there is the issue of different specs for different years... Im sure your aware of THIS head-ache.

If you would like, I can send you my excel if your interested in seeing another man's way to compile (yours is much more inclusinve).

Paul from the Bay Area.

Unknown said...

Yes. I would be happy to check out your spreadsheet. I know that there are some discrepancies on mine. If you have the correct numbers I would love to have them. I feel most of them are pretty close based on manufacturers claims but sometimes the correct measurement just couldn't be found and I am not serious enough about it to contact the manufacturer yet. But if you have the numbers that would be great.

Paul from the Bay Area said...

You've got mail.
Enjoy Dave!

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization