Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Catana 431 and Fishing Report

There was a recent article on the Catana 431 in the Boat U,S. magazine. There was a few interesting points that were made. The 1st thing they mentioned is that the number and size of multihull’s on display increase with each passing boat show season and that the popularity is growing. Although this is not news to me it is good to hear it. Something of concern that was mentioned was that the wire sizes and systems may not be suited to U.S. hookups. This will be a concern whenever purchasing a boat manufactured outside of the US. They also mentioned that the Catana was considerably more expensive then similarly sized multihull’s which again is not surprising to me but I thought it should be mentioned.

I was recently informed of a local radio program on KFBK 1530AM that covers hunting, fishing and camping in Northern California. The best part about it, is that it is recorded so you can listen to it anytime you want. It lasts 3 hours and there are no commercials for the most part. I have found it to be informative so far and look forward to listening to it every Monday while working or Saturday if I plan to fish on Sunday. I am listening to last Saturdays show and they have talked about Stripers, Bass, Chad, Sturgeon and Salmon fishing. They have discussed the influx of seals, and mountain lions and recommended some equipment. They even give out advice on where to fish and how to fish it. If you fish in from the Bay area up to the Sacramento area this should be a good program for you.

I am going Striper fishing again this Friday while the fishing is still good. I have several spots that should hold fish so we should be able to find a school. Once we find them I want to try to catch one or more on a fly. My dad tied up a couple fly’s that rattle that I think would work well. I plan to do some free diving as well in Monterey on Saturday, so I hope to have some good pics and video for the blog soon. I am going to talk to the local dive shop to find out about regulations on Spear fishing. .It might be too early yet, but the Halibut move into the shallows soon so if all goes well we will have some halibut in the freezer soon. Speaking of Sport fishing regulations here is a great way to find the regulations for the California coastline. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/fishing_map.asp

I am starting to wonder if I should maintain more then one blog so that I can keep things on topic. Although my ultimate goal is still to buy a Catamaran, readers might find my site more useful if it stayed on target. I could have another blog that covers my angling adventures. Any thoughts?

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization