Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Catamaran Video's Cruising World Magazine

Just took a look on Cruising worlds website and noticed they have some new videos on 2008 model catamarans. After watching the Seawind Video I can see I need to take a second look at the Seawind 1160 mainly for its innovative features and performance minded sail plan. According to my CatStats, the 1160 is in the mid range for performance, but perhaps there are other performance related factors that deserve consideration. The draft is deeper then I would prefer and I may need to stick with a dagger board cat. What I like is that the boat was designed more for owner rather then a charter boat.

I ran across the Cats By The Numbers spreadsheet on the Cruising world web site. According to this list updated on Jun 19, 2006, the price per lb is $25.26 This is average compared to the rest of the Cats that are listed. The information is old. Price per lb is most likely higher now on all Cats.

Sorry so short, but I have to hit the road. Going fishing tomorrow. I will add more to this soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also check out www.catamarans.com for new videos of the Lagoon 380, 440 and Lagoon 500.

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization