Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Move it or Sell it?

Part of the master plan to achieve my dream will require us to relocate. So I have been looking around my house and noticing we have a ton of stuff we don’t use that is still worth something. I don’t want to move it, so it has to go prior to the move if at all possible. My 1st thought was to have a garage sale. This thought wasn’t a fun thought. I am sure a garage sale is a lot of work. I was also reminded that I won’t get that much for the items in a garage sale.

I have messed around trying to sell things on Ebay, but the thought of having to be concerned with boxing up and shipping the item wasn’t very attractive. Additionally the items I tried to sell didn’t sell. So I temporarily gave up on the idea. The suggestion I kept hearing about was to use craigslist. http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html So I gave it a try and it is working out great. Everything I have put up has sold. I am starting to wonder if I should be charging more for my items.

The nice thing about craigslist besides being free is that people will come by the house or stop by near where I work to pick up the item. So far so good. I have lots of stuff to sell. Now I always have cash in my pockets. Haven’t used the ATM in a while. It adds up and it is very easy to sell on Craigslist. The website is not fancy. It is a little old school by today’s web development standards, but it really works so it doesn’t bother me. Don’t fix it if it isn’t broke.

I have been selling items that were acquired for free, or are scheduled to be given away. If it has been on a shelf for more then a couple years, then it probably needs to go.

By the way. I sometimes wonder if my readers think I am just advertising for other sites within by blog, but this is not the case. I am simply passing on good info. Maybe someday someone would like to pay me to say something, but for now I do this for free. I do have some related advertising on the left side if anyone is interested. They pay me .05 each click. Woo Hoo. I have made 6 cents so far. Oh well. This blog helps me to process my thoughts and share my experiences. As time goes by I hope to blog about things that will be even more informative and useful.

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization