Friday, April 4, 2008

Main Cat 41 and Catamaran Statistics Updated

I read about the Main Cat 41 today. This appears to be an easy to maintain and pilot, performance minded, functional Cat. It doubles as a day sailor or cabin cruiser. The cockpit and cabin are integrated into a great room. The great room can be opened like a day sailor or closed up to keep out of the weather. This should create a wonderful central social/sailing area with excellent 360 degree visibility for navigation. Accommodations appear to be simple, hardy and functional which is all I require in a starter cat.

The Main Cat will perform will and ranks very high on the Performance Potential scale. The price per lb may be the highest which indicates that it is a very lightweight cat compared to the other cats on my Catamaran Statistics table. Bridge deck clearance is ample so this cat should perform well in rough sea’s. The price for a new Main Cat 41 including the Performance Cruiser Package is listed at $499k as of 8/9/07 here. The Main Cat 41 was also certified in 2006 by the US Coast Guard as a “T-Boat” for commercial day-charter service to carry 18 passengers and two crew.

Each time I visit a catamaran manufacturer’s website I will check the specs with the Catamaran Statistics table. I am slowly picking away at the lengthy list making minor changes and updates to it. I have just updated it with new information. Check it out. You will see that currently the Main Cat has a Ranking of 10 which is very good compared to most. I have also added Bridge Clearance, Mast Height and Payload columns. I don’t have much data yet for these columns, but I will add to it as time goes by.

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization