Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jury duty service completed

The Jury trial of which I was an alternate juror ended rather abruptly today. The defendant saw the writing on the wall and entered a plea of not guilty on two counts. One was for vehicular manslaughters and the second was for fleeing the scene of the accident. So the jury didn't have to deliberate and the trail ended a few days shorter then predicted.

You can read more about the case here. The testimony wasn't looking too good as things progressed for the 30 year old female. She was driving on a suspended license in a direction that didn't make sense based on her testimony that she was going to a grocery store. She fled the scene and then went home and apparently drank some Vodka and OJ most likely to cover up the fact that she was drinking prior to the accident. I won't go into more details, but I believe justice was served. Not sure though if 4 1/2 years is enough time though. She will most likely get out sooner with good behavior.

Anyway, now I can get back to life as usual. As soon as I catch up on things that were put off in as a result of jury duty. I have more details to report on my catamaran quest.

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization