Friday, January 28, 2011

Need a Captain or Crew for Your Next Catamaran Cruise?


My wife and I are looking for an affordable vacation aboard a Catamaran.  Trouble is none of our friends share our dream yet, so if you are looking for an experienced captain or crew or someone to share expenses please let us know.  We will be researching all available options.  Money is tight.  I realize Catamarans are not cheap.  We will have to be creative to make this affordable but one way or another I will be taking a vacation aboard a Catamaran someday soon.

Last year I completed the ASA Cruising Catamaran Sailing and Bareboat Chartering classes through the Afterguard Sailing Academy.  
10.5 meter Gemini

It was great but I look forward to sailing without a teacher looking over my back and without the pressure of having to pass an exam.  I just want to sail and enjoy myself.  I have 1000’s of hours behind the wheel of various types of boats, mostly power, but lately some sailing vessels.  I consider myself to be an excellent navigator and driver of any size vessel.  Although I have much to learn I performed flawlessly navigating and docking the single screw 10.5 meter Gemini that we used in our 5 day Catamaran class.  Photo shown on the right. 

Flotilla’s seem like a good way to go.  Perhaps there is a catamaran owner that is planning to join one and needs someone to share expenses and crewing duties.  The Baja Ha-Ha looks like a lot of fun.  The Baja Ha-Ha is a two-week cruisers rally from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, which takes place every fall.  I was just reading about the Cruising World Sail-a-Cat Adventure Charter.  Prices last year were from $1,700 to $2,200 per person.  A bit steep for me so I will continue researching.  If I have to save up, then that is what I will do. 

If flotillas and cruising rally's aren't for you, charting my own course on my own schedule is definitely in my future.  Email my if you need a crew or captain for your next Catamaran vacation.  catmandav@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking for a good team of 800,000.people to Invest $5.00 a year to maintain a new 60 or 65 Electric Catamaran so we can pay a Captian,train a crew, and most inportent take a crews.
Charles Gitchell Jr.
pomomoves@hotmail.com

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization